St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral rev 19-0531
Job Description: Event-Church Custodial Support
St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral is an active church in the Oakland neighborhood that has a wide variety of parish needs. In addition to our vibrant community, we are also a venue for hosting weddings, conventions, graduation parties, and other corporate events. We are seeking Event-Church Custodial Support to join our team.
Position Type: Part time, hourly, non-exempt, directed by the Office Manager, Parish Priest and Parish Council.
Expectations and Duties:
• Handle room/event set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs, risers, and other items specific to provided diagrams for both church and rental events
• Sweeping and mopping floors/facilities, as directed
• Cleaning areas such as offices, restrooms, church interior and event space
• Trash removal
• Restocking of supplies including toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, candles, and other items as necessary
• Kitchen cleaning as directed
• Completion of task check-lists, as required
• At client events: Additional duties as directed, which may include assisting Bartenders, Event Coordinator, Caterer, and others based upon immediate needs
• Other duties, as required
• Available week-ends
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Ability to lift/control/maneuver relevant equipment associated with the position
• Ability to receive and follow directions
• Ability to accomplish projects with limited supervision
• Flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Experience in custodial maintenance or event staffing a plus
• Positive attitude, outgoing, dependable, reliable, loyal
• Neat/clean appearance, with pants at waist. Uniform polo shirt provided by employer
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background check
• Must apply with resume
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers