Salon Assistant (Squirrel Hill)
compensation: $8 per hour - You may keep any cash or credit card tips that you earn from clien
2629 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh / Squirrel Hill
Seeking: Assistant [Recent cosmetology graduate, working towards a permanent license]
Growth Opportunity: Eventual Transition to Junior Stylist (and Beyond!)
Characteristics of Candidate:
- Mature and professional
- Neat and organized
- Reliable and timely
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Interested in our organic mission!
- Looking for a long term placement
- Attentive to client needs
- Aware of surroundings (Able to identify ways to help out without always needing to be told)
- To arrive 15 minutes early to open the salon, and sometimes stay 15 minutes late to close.
- Answering the phones and booking appointments
- Ringing up customer sales
- Keeping the salon neat and clean
- Assisting with shampoos/scalp massages and blow dries
- Assisting with curl sets for wedding up-dos
- Greeting clients, offering them a beverage
- Full knowledge of color line and retail line. Able to sell products, explain color services.
- $8 per hour
- You may keep any cash or credit card tips that you earn from clients
- You will be paid 10% commission on any products that you sell
- Flexible, but, you must be available on Saturdays
Benefits of working at Tula:
- We are a newer salon, having been around for 2 years now. So our space is fresh and stylish.
- We are an Aveda salon, and we use their retail line as well as their hair color. The Aveda brand has a strong following.
- We are an organic salon - the products in the Aveda retail and color lines are 80%-99% organically derived. Being organic brings in a lot of new customers.
- We are a small salon (4 chairs). So you will be given the opportunity to work with a very close knit team. We work hard, but we also have fun!
- We promise to treat our assistants with respect and to keep in mind their personal career goals. We want you to be a long term member of our team, and will be looking for ways to help you grow and succeed - eventually transitioning to a stylist!
- You will be able to learn from us through structured training, as well as informal. We encourage you to ask questions, and to participate in client consultations as appropriate.
- We can offer you a flexible schedule, as long as you are available at least 20 hours a week, including time on Saturdays.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers